I found this recipe online here. I immediately thought “chocolate chip cookie dough AND cupcakes?! what in life could be better?!”, took a look at the recipe, and thought I could SO do that…
This is where the story takes a flammable nosedive. I found this recipe on Thursday and then went home and caught the tail end of an episode of Semi-Homemade. I’m not gonna lie, this show makes me lazy. I sit there with my all-involved cupcake recipe, thinking to myself… why do I need to make frosting when I can buy it? why do I need to make cake when I can buy a boxed mix?
I’ll preface this with saying that I hate buttercream. I’ve tried it a bunch of times and can’t stand it. I used it in this recipe and I don’t think I’d do that again.
I used premade chocolate chip cookie dough from the store for the centers and they were the best part. My suggestions for this recipe (assuming you are okay consuming raw eggs, and really… how much egg are you eating when it’s all mixed together and then spread amongst 24 cupcakes???) are to use those break and bake cookie dough balls for the centers, the tube of cookie dough mixed with a can of frosting for the frosting and boxed cake mix for the cupcake part.
The uber-Aunt Sandy way.
Quick “recipe” recap:
1. Mix cupcake batter.
2. Fill half full, then stick a frozen cookie dough ball in the middle (push to the bottom)
3. Cover the balls with a little more batter.
5. Mix cookie dough and frosting together.
7. Roll incredibly tiny balls of cookie dough and bake in oven. Watch like a hawk. I think mine took about 6 minutes at 350.
8. Frost (chocolate chips got stuck in frosting tip so I ugly-frosted them with a knife) and top with mini-cookie.
9. Have a bunch of drunk boys tell you how AMAZING your cupcakes are.🙂